- Highly recommended professional, international jazz, swing and function band from the Berkshire and Buckinghamshire area, happy to travel anywhere in The UK and the rest of Europe.
This fun swing band play some of the finest classic jazz standards whilst also exploring other styles in the genre such as Gypsy and Latin jazz.
Normally booked as a 4, 5 or 6-piece band, Renee also performs with co-writer, male singer and guitarist, Gerry Power as an acoustic duo, or as a trio with Gerry and the band keyboard player.
For those who love the wonderfully stylish music of composers such as Irving Berlin, George Gershwin and Cole Porter, the band double bass player and pianist make up a quartet with Renee and Gerry to bring you the very best in quality music.
- Being versatile is a big plus when it comes to parties, weddings and corporate functions, and Renee and the band certainly are. Having performed together since 2003 in one of the south of Englands top function bands, they can play almost any other style of music at the clients request. Pop, blues, soul and Motown to country, rock and roll and even ballroom music.
- The perfect choice for intimate dinner parties to major corporate events, they will provide you with a friendly and excellent service from first contact to completion of booking, helping to make your event truly memorable.
- Renee who has appeared on BBC1 television with world renowned violinist, Vanessa Mae, sings a wide range of wonderful classics from artistes such as Ella Fitzgerald, Julie London and Billy Holiday along with the more modern styles of Norah Jones and Caro Emerald. Gerry sings some of the great Bobby Darrin and Rat Pack standards with a few surprising new arrangements to other well known songs. They are always careful to choose the right material for each individual client’s requirements at each event.
- The band members have all played with an array of famous names and Renee has also appeared in many other TV dramas, commercials and films.
And for those wanting to book an unusual and originals band, look no further as Renee and Gerry co-write some quite unique material . Often adding a little humour to their music, they create a retro sound and feel with a modern twist, and crossover styles of swing, smooth, Latin and Gypsy jazz.
Their debut album, ‘Another Time, Another Place’ was released on 25th March 2015 and is available from iTunes at the following link
The 12 songs were written by Renee and Gerry, each uniquely different from each other, again combining crossover styles of swing, smooth, Latin and Gypsy Jazz with a retro and modern feel.
Singles from the album can also be purchased from iTunes.
Well known producer Stuart Epps, who has produced songs for Cliff Richard, Elton John and George Michael, to name but a few, co-produced and played on one of the album tracks, ‘This Building’s Too Tall’.
- They have performed in some of The UK’s most prestigious venues and for very well known clients, in Italy, France and Spain and have Hotel residency and cruise ship experience.
- They have a wealth of experience having played at weddings, parties, dinner/dances, Masonic functions, festivals, sports & social clubs, summer balls, holiday parks, Hotels, restaurants, bars and for the military forces.
- Playing as a trio they held a residency at Littlecote House Hotel for Warner Leisure in 2012, Renee and Gerry playing as a duo performed regularly at The Hilton Hotels in Park Lane and Olympia for many years.
- They have their own PA system and stage lights and background music on CD/IPod for use during a dinner and their breaks. All equipment is PAT tested and the band has public liability insurance of up to £10,000,000.
They have an excellent and extensive repertoire which they add to regularly and are always happy to learn new songs for their clients. Here is a small selection of covers from their song list:
- All About That Bass
- All Of Me
- Blue Moon
- Boy From Ipanema
- Can’t Buy Me Love
- Cheek To Cheek
- Don’t Know Why
- Fly me To The Moon
- Give Me One Reason
- Hit The Road Jack
- I Could Have Danced All Night
- In These Shoes
- It Had To Be You
- It’s Alright
- La Bamba
- Let’s Face The Music And Dance
- Let There Be Love
- Mama Do
- My Baby Just Cares For Me
- Night And Day
- Perhaps, Perhaps, Perhaps
- Street Life
- Sweet Georgia Brown
- Tainted Love
- Take 5
- That Old Devil called Love
- The Look Of Love
- Turn me On
- When You’re Smiling